NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
One of our dearest farmer friends Hab, from Habersham Farms, recently came into a huge supply of tomatoes; 4,000 pounds to be exact. He proposed that if we preserved half of his tomatoes for him, using our facilities, we could keep the other half. That’s close to 2,000 pounds of free tomatoes for our Bloody Mary mixes! This was music to our farmer ears! (These are the same tomatoes that have been in your share the last few weeks: beautiful and packed with tons of flavor!)
This Sunday is our fall farm dinner! We are adding the finishing touches to ensure the most beautiful evening under the stars for our closest friends and family. If you haven’t already purchased your tickets, do so today! There are only 4 more days to purchase. See you around the farm table!
for more information on The Dinner, and to purchase tickets click here.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Sprouted Flour – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Salad Greens – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Rose Petal Goat Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Tumeric – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Lemongrass – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Herbed Sourdough Bread – Cory Hinkel, Birmingham, AL
- Persimmons – Sonny and Betty Giles (G & G Farms, Maplesville, MS
- Spaghetti Squash – Henke Farms, Cullman, AL
- New Potatoes – Henke Farms, Cullman, AL
- Pink Eyed Peas – Chilton County, AL
- Heirloom Tomatoes – Habersham Farms, Birmingham, AL
Cheese + Yogurt Share*
- Feta Chive Cow Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Plain Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead