NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table
Sunday was our last farm dinner of the year, and it was truly magical. We hosted 139 of our dearest friends and listened to the Cahaba Blues Band under the starry sky, while sipping botanically infused cocktails. If you weren’t there, we sure missed you!
Next up, we are trying to plant one more crop of cold weather produce (kale, arugula, mustard mixes) before the first frost. We have planted our garlic and are building horse stalls for fowling the babies in the upcoming months. In addition, we are getting geared up for dairy season, and we are thrilled to be welcoming almost 400 baby goats!
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Kale – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Chèvre – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Plain Cow Yogurt – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Fingerling Potatoes – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Cherokee Purple Tomatoes – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Buttercup Squash – Henke Farms, Cullman, Alabama
- Pinto Beans – Chilton County, Alabama
- German Johnsons Tomatoes – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Canned Cherokee Purple Tomatoes – Habersham Farms, Canned by Stone Hollow Farmstead
- Okra – Chilton County, Alabama
- Shallots – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Sweet Gourmet Lettuce Mix – Mount Laurel Farm, Birmingham, Alabama
Cheese + Yogurt Share
- Excalibur White Cheddar Cheese
- Working Cow Dairy Milk – Slocomb, AL
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead