NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
This week we are busy preparing to host one hundred and twenty students for our first farm school of the fall season! We are thrilled to host the students of Vestavia Hills Elementary School, and share with them the true definition of ‘farm to table’.
In this week’s share, you’ll find a hearty elegance mix, featuring greens from our farm, as well as from our friends at Mt. Laurel farms that provides a beautiful combination of flavors and textures. In addition to crisp arugula, it includes Pak Choi, Red Mustard, Mizuna, and Leaf Broccoli to create an exquisite salad base that can be topped with buttermilk dressing, using your leftover buttermilk from your share.
We are getting closer to our last farm dinner of the year, and we are preparing the farm for a magical night under the stars!
for more information on The Dinner, and to purchase tickets click here.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Buttermilk – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Elegance Mix + Arugula – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Herbed Fromage Blanc Log – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
- Whole Grain Loaf – Corey Hinkle, Birmingahm, AL
- Butternut Squash – Habersham Farms, Birmingham, AL
- Heirloom Tomatoes – Habersham Farms, Birmingham, AL
- Rattlesnake Beans – Chilton County, AL
- White Sweet Potatoes – Vardaman, MS
- Romanian Antohi Peppers – Mount Laurel, AL
- Arkansas Black Apples – Mountain View Orchards, Chilton, AL
- Persimmons – Sonny and Betty Giles, G & G Farms, Maplesville, MS
Cheese + Yogurt Share*
- Red Onion Jam Goat Cheese Spread – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, AL
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead