NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
We are working hard trying to battle this drought. It has gotten almost unbearable, and we are disheartened by the continuous wildfires. We’ve started mulching the gardens with all the fallen leaves, in hopes of feeding the flowers and herbs with moisture. We are also putting low tunnels in all the herb boxes to get a jump on the winter harvest.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Hot Mess Mix (Elegance + Arugula + Greens) – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Red Onion Cheese Spread or Pimento Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Satsuma Rolls – Cory Hinkle, Birmingham, AL
- Italian Sausage – Marble Creek Farmstead, Sylacauga, Alabama
- Pears – Hazelrig Orchards, Cleveland, Alabama
- New Potatoes – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Mutsu Apples – Crocker Farm, Bryant, Alabama
- Mountain Merit Tomatoes – Knight’s Farm, Chilton, County
- Green Tomatoes – Chilton, County
- Shiitake Mushrooms – Southern Foothills Farm, Oneonta, Alabama
- Zucchini – Chilton, County
Cheese + Yogurt*
- Thomasville Tomme – Sweet Grass Dairy, Thomasville, GA
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.