NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
Can we get a hallelujah for the rain last night? We have been doing our rain dance for a while now, as the farm has been incredibly thirsty. It wasn’t much, but the storm gave our crops and animals a much-needed drink. Greens are few and far between this week, so a few of the items in your share came from Georgia. Our friends in Georgia are just slightly better off because of the harshness of the drought.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Tomatoes – Chandler Mountain, Alabama
- Crookneck Yellow Squash – Georgia
- Baby Vidalia Onions – Cowart Farms, Lyons, Georgia
- Collard Greens – Georgia
- Elegance Mix – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Easter Egg Radishes – Mount Laurel Farm, Birmingham, Alabama
- Ginger Cookies – Cory Hinkle, Birmingham, Alabama
- Purple Potatoes – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Jerusalem Artichokes (Sun Chokes) – Habersham Farms, Mentone, Alabama
- Oyster Mushrooms – Southern Foothills Farm, Oneonta, Alabama
- Chive Blossom Goat Cheese – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
- Green Tomato Chutney – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
Cheese + Yogurt*
- ‘Hidden Falls’ bloomy rind cheese – Shepherd’s Way Farms, Nerstrand, Minnesota
- Cow’s Yogurt – Stone Hollow Farmstead, Birmingham, Alabama
* for information on add-on shares, visit the CSA page.
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #stonehollowcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead