NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
Spring is in full bloom at the farm! The dahlias are blooming along with the sweet peas. We are so excited to share beautiful farm-fresh flowers with our community for the upcoming spring and summer seasons.
As the spring CSA season is coming to an end, we are preparing for our summer CSA. We hope you have enjoyed all the offerings of spring and hope you'll join us for summer. This year we are happy to introduce our flower share - which is available as a stand alone share, meaning a quarter or half share is not required to purchase the flower share. Flowers will be available as a weekly bouquet or bucket. Check out the flower share along with the other share we offer by clicking here. Learn about our CSA shares, check out the yearly schedule, and read all the details by clicking here.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Romaine - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Carrots - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Salad Mix - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Cherry Tomatoes - Owl's Hollow / Birmingham, Alabama
- Beit Alpha Cukes - Owl's Hollow / Birmingham, Alabama
- Brussels Sprouts - Owl's Hollow / Birmingham, Alabama
- Alfalfa Sprouts - Gardens On Air Farm / Rainbow City, Alabama
- Peaches - Burnette Farms / Thorsby, Alabama
- Fingerling Potatoes - Habersham Farms / Mentone, Alabama
- Oyster Mushrooms - Southern Foothills Farm / Oneonta, Alabama
Cheese &/Or Yogurt Share
- Smokey Blue Cheese - Rogue Creamery / Oregon
- Cow's Milk - Working Cow Dairy / Slocomb, Alabama
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #shfcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead