NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
The flowers are in full bloom at the farm! The dahlias are now in full swing and the colors are beautiful! We are currently prepping for the second secession of flowers. Soon our flowers will be available for purchase in Whole Foods.
We are currently distilling lush, summer herbs to formulate our Botaniko Skin line with. We are excited to announce that Botaniko is now available in all Central Market stores - they are located throughout all of Texas. There is also a selection of Stone Hollow preserves, pickled items, and butters.
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Fennel - Heron Hollow Farm / Maplesville, Alabama
- Onions - Heron Hollow Farm / Maplesville, Alabama
- Broccoli - Southern Foothills Farm / Oneonta, Alabama
- Strawberries - Witt Farms / Hayden, Alabama
- Tri-Color Beans - Jones Valley Teaching Farm / Birmingham, Alabama
- Asparagus - Habersham Farm
- Arugula - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Red Carots - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Elegance Greens - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Beit Alpha Cucumbers - Owls Hollow Farm / Gadsden, Alabama
- Yellow Squash - Owls Hollow Farm / Gadsden, Alabama
Cheese &/Or Yogurt Share
- Emerald Isle Cheddar - Cahill's Farm / Ireland
- Cow's Milk - Working Cow Dairy / Slocomb, Alabama
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Summer Squash Pizza with Goat Cheese and Walnuts - Try With SHF Goat Cheese
Goat Cheese Cake with Mixed Berries - Try With SHF Goat Cheese
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #shfcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead