NOTES FROM THE FARM
Each week, owner of Stone Hollow Farmstead, Deborah Stone will offer a behind-the-scenes look at life on the farm, in hopes of sharing the entire journey of our farm to your table.
Last Tuesday a portion of our team (Deborah, Alex and Michael) moved a bit of the farm to AmericasMart in Atlanta for July Gift Market. It was Botaniko's first experience at Market and its national launch. We've spent months (years) preparing, and we think we looked pretty good! All of the distilling and extracting we have been conducting at the farm lab gave way to our new line of Facial Concentrates and Essential Hydrosols. The whole line was well received, and we got a lot of traction with buyers and media. We're excited, exhausted, and back home. The team will do it all over again in NYC in September! By the way, we included a picture in the gallery of the two turkeys keeping the peacock eggs warm. They should be ready in a week or so. See you then!
THIS WEEK'S CSA SHARE
A complete list of what's in the bag for this week.
- Glacier Cherry Tomatoes - Southern Foothills / Oneonta, Alabama
- Carrots - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Elegance Greens Mix - Stone Hollow Farmstead / Birmingham, Alabama
- Red Onions - Heron Hollow / Maplesville, Alabama
- Heirloom Tomatoes - Habersham Farm / Mentone, Alabam
- Fingerling Potatoes - Habersham Farm / Mentone, Alabama
- Rosemary Olive oil Bread - Hinkel's on Main / Springville, Alabama
- Okra - Owl's Hollow Farm / Gadsden, Alabama
- Butter Lettuce - Owl's Hollow Farm / Gadsden, Alabama
- Cantaloupe - Knights Farm / Clanton, Alabama
- Yellow Corn - Knights Farm / Clanton, Alabama
- Green Carmen and Islander Peppers - Mt. Laurel Farm / Mt. Laurel, Alabama
- Sprouts - Gardens on Air / Rainbow City, Alabama
Milk Share :
- Milk - Working Cow Dairy / Slocomb, Alabama
Cheese &/Or Yogurt Share :
- Harlech Cheddar w/ Horseradish and Parsley - Wales
All recipes are selected to offer cooking suggestions on how to prepare the contents of your weekly share.
Don't forget to show off your food styling skills! Use hashtag #shfcsa and tag us on Instagram @stonehollowfarmstead